View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 01:39 PM   #122
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, there were two periods of time, and some are getting folded together.

OFFSEASON (pre-draft) we were without a single decent center (even Powell was an FA). We all wanted Capela and insulted the FA for not getting him. Then it turned out that it would have cost us Lively, Green, OMax, and Holmes. That is a crazy package.

After the draft/This season, the discussion whipped back up. I still think Capela is the perfect backup to Lively, but it comes down to cost.

I guess my only question is if we can only get one guy, are we better with a:

A) a full-time Kuzma/Siakam/Grant starting at PF and praying Lively stays healthy/can be good that game
or
B) starting GWill/DJJ at PF and consistently having a good center on the floor with Lively/Capela (or other backup)

In a perfect world, we'd address both, but I am leaning toward A if we only get one (and I think based on our assets that is where we are). We just gotta pray for Lively to stay healthy either way. We could be dominant if he's good and we have more length/size in the frontcourt.

If he's injured, we're probably screwed either way, but maybe we could get a few min from Kleber/Powell/Holmes/Morris, or we can go small like the Jazz game.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-10-2024 at 01:42 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote