View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 05:11 PM   #514
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
It's entirely too early to know if the trades will be successful. Even if the guys are the right fit, Kidd may be the problem and it could all implode. Still, we had to get off the proverbial pot and with two HoFers (Luka/Kyrie), a few young guys of note (Lively, Green), and a couple of guys who can be of note in the future (Hardy, OMax) it was worth it to bet on ourselves. We could have traded Kyrie and Luka for picks and statistically none of those picks would have yielded us a player of their caliber.

All I know is that:
1) a half-dozen FRPs have been waived in the last few days, which shows just how fickle FRPs can be. If our belief in ourselves is well founded, then those FRPs will be bad, and late FRPs have anywhere from a 10-25% chance of being successful which means the vast majority of picks fail. https://miro.medium.com/v2/resize:fi...9qxs_lfA4g.png
2) for all the talk of OKC winning the PG trade, they still haven't made the playoffs (although they are finally headed that way five years later). Rebuilds take time even with all the right pieces.
3) Teams with multiple lottery picks tend to be and stay terrible. Hornets have had four FRPs in the last two drafts and continue to circle the drain.

I, for one, am really hopeful that the short-term and short-term success can keep the core happy and the buzz going where we can add some talent in FA while some more future picks open up.
Well and the Mavs were terrible at the rebuild until they drafted Luka, so going all in right now is the way to go. I can't imagine anyone cares about a 2027 draft pick.

Where they could have been more patient was knowing they'd have three firsts to trade after we conveyed this summer. Then try to make a move for a star foward or back to Kuzma again.

I still think they can circle back to Kuzma though with a Green, Hardy, or Omax as the prize. People forget that those guys are basically like getting a first in return.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote