View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 09:07 AM   #546
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Here is the problem with trade grades. They rate potential over reality. But to me, the better player in the hand is more valuable than the hoped for player who is still in tenth grade.

Prime example?Many thought Atlanta fleeced the Mavs when they got Trey and a first in exchange for Luka?a chunky, slow,no college, unproven prospect .The potential? a 10th pick who turned out to be Cam Reddish. Who?s already.been traded twice. Think any Hawks fans would trade Trey, that pick and 4 more for the Luka today?

The Mavs need a center and wing help now, versus keeping GWill another wasted season in order to save a pick 4 years from now ? I?d rather be a fifth seed now than get a future Cam Reddish in the future.

Plus, the guys we got are young assets on good contracts. They were worth the first round pick we gave to get them. They will be worth more after Luka spoon feeds them a few dozen easy lobs and open threes. Look at Dinwiddie and Dorian to see how Luka inflates a stat sheet.
The flip side is our 10th pick in 2023 turned about to be Dereck Lively. Otherwise, I mostly agree.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote