View Single Post
Old 04-19-2003, 11:59 PM   #326
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< why did it take so long for the mavs to decide to go to dirk down low like they did tonight? >>

I'm not sure I'll word myself correctly for how I'm thinking about this strategy.

Were they using this as a sort of secret weapon or were they just letting Dirk warm up for a season?

I remember Nelson saying about 2-2 1/2 months ago that they'd be going to Dirk more and more down low. Getting him more shots, having the offense run through him. Were they letting Dirk adjust to that for a season without putting too much pressure on him to come through and at the same time not letting other teams figure a way to solve it?