View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 10:58 AM   #1922
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I agree. And I think that the success they are having with points in the paint has created a different flow with the offense. This may be impacting the 3pt shooting. But it may also be the case that the team will eventually adapt to the new offensive rhythm and the shooting improves. I am confident Luka will find consistency again (last five games for Luka % from 3pt: 18.2%, 40.0%, 16.7%, 45.5%, 16.7%).
Gafford last 10 games - FG: 66-76 for 86.8% in 24 mpg
Points 15.2 Reb 8.4 Ast 2.0 Blocks 2.5 Steals 0.9 TO 0.7

Lively last 10 games - FG: 41-54 for 75.9% in 18mpg
Points 8.9 Reb 5.2 Ast 0.7 Blocks 0.8 Steals 0.3 TO 0.8

That's incredible and super efficient production from our two main bigs

Is it crazy to think that this is a reasonable and sustainable baseline? It seems for the most part they are getting their looks and opportunities in the flow of the game on pnr action and on the fast break. Both of our bigs have punished opposing teams for not getting back when we push the ball. It has lessened the impact of the ebbs and flows of our shooting. Their true shooting % is in the mid 70's. And with them in essence sharing most of the 48 minutes between them it seems that they can maintain a high level of energy and aggressiveness knowing that they've got someone else to do the work even if they get into foul trouble.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote