View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 05:26 PM   #2103
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Its confusing how a better team or better record equates to more MVP points. Denver has had a better team and is again this season. By default, Jokic is going to look good because He has better teammates.
That's just what the criteria for the award has always been. I don't know why. If it wasn't, Lebron would have had like 8 or 9 MVPs and Kobe probably would have had like 5 or 6.

Quote:
Jokic stats arent better than Luka so it would have to be that having a better supporting cast more than makes up the difference in averages/stats/30pt HALVES etc. I dont personally think its MVTeam, its MVPlayer. For me, i give the most weight to whos team falls apart more if they are removed + stats.
Eh, I mean, they're close enough that it's subjective, but honestly I think Jokic's stats actually are a little bit better. At the very least they're just as good.

Luka- 34ppg 9.1 rpg 9.8 apg 48.9FG% 38% 3pt 78.2 FT%

Jokic- 26.1 ppg 12.3 rpg 9.0 apg 57.9 FG% 34.6 3pt 82.3 FT%

And I don't think it's being acknowledged or appreciated that Jokic leads the league in virtually every single advanced metric. PER, VORP, WS, WS/48, BPM- Jokic leads the league in ALL OF THEM. Seriously, that is f**king incredible. None of this is any criticism of Luka whatsoever. It's just pointing out how otherworldly f**king awesome Jokic is right now. Honestly, at this moment in time, I'd put Jokic up against any bigman I've seen in my lifetime. Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem, anyone. Jokic is at least as good as any of them, honestly maybe even better. Not on his whole career mind you, but at this moment. Jokic is that f**king good.

Luka will definitely win at least one MVP, probably more. But it probably won't happen this year, and that's fine. No bias, no agenda, Jokic just actually does deserve it.

Quote:
I hope we curb stomp Denver and Okc in the POs.
I'll drink to that!
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote