View Single Post
Old 03-12-2001, 10:49 PM   #8
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I re-read my post and Im not sure if I made my point clear. So, Im going to try again. It's going to piss me off if people claim the reason we're winning is because Dirk is leading in scoring and not Fin. No doubt, Dirk has stepped up his game and will only improve. I don't mean to take anything away from him, I want to make that clear. Im just saying that Fin would gladly average 10pts a game if their winning games. He has said as much. He don't care if he leads the team in this category or that category, it don't mean nothing if they lose. That's why I brought up the boxscores. If you look at the ones where he had 20+ shots, I bet you'll see that Davis, Laettner, Trent, Najera, Buckner, Eisley, etc...weren't hitting there shots and he tried to pick up their slack. He wasn't hoisting up shots to rack up numbers. Now, with Howard on board, I doubt you see Fin take more than 15 shots a game unless he or Dirk isn't hitting there shots. In those wins, you'll see there's a balanced scoring now, whereas before, you saw Fin and Dirk with big numbers but no one else really. Except Nash on some nights.