View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 12:05 AM   #2492
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
We've each said our piece, I agree and disagree on points made. It's just sad how much one side gets called crazy for daring to question the paths taken and the efficacy of the shots themselves. More voices will come to light, I'm sure of that, as I said "time will tell"
I was going to type a whole big response, but that would be going back on my desire to move on from it and stick to basketball. Suffice it to say that I don't think there are "sides" when it comes to settled science. There are some things that are murky and unsettled by science, where there is plenty of room for valid disagreement and debate. Then there are other things that are unequivocally settled, and are not at all controversial within the scientific community, but for some strange (usually political) reason are controversial among the general public. When it comes to those types of issues, there are not two valid "sides." There's reality, and there's bullshit. You can surmise which of those two categories I believe vaccine skepticism falls into. Sometimes bullshit is harmless (like say, thinking the Earth is flat.) In this particular instance, the bullshit literally kills people. That's why people like me get angry when people who take that stance that is clearly not based in reality, get butthurt when others call them out on it.

(Yes I know I said I was done before, but now I'm actually done.)

Quote:
The boys are rolling and having a great time doing it. All I can ask for from my favorite basketball team.
Hear, hear! Seriously, I think this is easily the best Mavs team since 2011. I haven't been this excited since the 2011 playoffs. Even when we made the WCF two years ago, some part of me felt like the Mavs had just overachieved and weren't really contenders. Then we lost Brunson, which, it cannot be overstated how much of a setback that was. The fact that the Mavs are where they are right now is nothing short of a blessing. Nico deserves all the credit in the world, and as much as I've dismissed him over the last two seasons, Kidd deserves some too. If the Mavs are playing this well, he's definitely doing something right.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 04-11-2024 at 12:08 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote