View Single Post
Old 05-13-2024, 03:33 PM   #496
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I watched a bit. The offense outside of ANT was atrocious with KAT being especially bad. Gobert struggling on defense for a 4 time DPOY but Joker can make that happen. Denver seemed to make some adjustments to free Joker up with some screen action etc. but we have to remember they are the defending champs for a reason. Looked to be playing with more energy than before.

Now, that being said, the way they allowed the first two games to be officiated looks to have been tamed. NBA was getting flamed for letting the Wolves batter the Nuggs up and down the court with a "full court press" aka foul after foul going up the court. I can see why Murray was so frustrated, not enough to justify his actions, but still...

ANT is that dude, though.
Agreed 100%. A: The officiating in games 1 and 2 was a throwback to the 90s. That definitely changed in games 3 and 4. B: Denver just adjusted.

I think Minnesota's inexperience is starting to show. As you said, everyone outside of ANT has been pretty bad after game 2.

And yes, ANT is most definitely that dude. I know the Jordan comparisons have been done to death that they're practically a joke now, but it's honestly warranted here. Specifically, his midrange and post-up game legit does remind of Jordan.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote