View Single Post
Old 05-20-2024, 06:59 PM   #20
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
What an unlikely bunch.

No Mavs fan in his right mind expected DJJ and PJ to become the scoring, shooting heroes of the OKC series. They saved our bacon during the games where Luka was nursing injuries, and again in game 6 when he was better. I'd be surprised if they continue at this pace, but at least now we, and the opponents know its possible. The Wolves will have to defend them, which should make things easier for Kai and Luka.

The size of Minnesota scares me, as does Edwards himself. Maxi could help here, but I'm not counting on him being effective if he does return.

As in both series before, the opponents have far more talent, but the Mavs can win if they play good team ball. Remember, in the championship year, all the teams they played had more talent. Yet they swept the 2 time champion Lakers, beat Harden, KD and Westbrook in 5, and Miami's big three in six.

Great team ball can beat great talent. That's what we had when Kidd led this team in 2011. Maybe he can lead them like that now, from the bench.
I hear what you're saying, but I don't know that I would agree that Minnesota has "far more" talent. Maybe slightly more. They probably have more talented role players, but I think the Mavs still have two of the three best players in the series. If Luka is actually playing like Luka, he's the best player left in the playoffs, and I think Kyrie is a good deal better than anyone on the Wolves outside of ANT.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote