View Single Post
Old 05-21-2024, 09:29 AM   #30
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I tend to agree. They're both phenomenal, but between the two of them, I think SGA is the more lethal scorer. Game 6 probably should have been a blowout, or at least a very comfortable victory for the Mavs at the end, but SGA just hit every insane shot, no matter how well he was guarded.

The flipside though is that ANT is a far better defensive player, so Kyrie and probably occasionally Luka too will have a harder time scoring. Also, the Wolves have more offensive weapons for ANT to pass to than the Thunder.

On that note, I don't think we can win this series with Kyrie being invisible in the first half and only showing up in the second half. We need him to come out with guns blazing.
See, initially I too was concerned about ANT and his defense. No doubt is he a plus on that end, but then I caught earlier season highlights of both Kyrie and Luka cooking him. I HOPE they allow him to expend that energy on defense as it will only serve to diminish returns on offense.

Speaking of, I'm not one bit concerned about our team defense for once in this playoffs. As good as ANT is, he tends to have some decent off games. And then you look for that consistent 2nd option a la Kyrie and KAT ain't it. The guy is so overrated and overpaid it's not funny. Still, he can fill it up from time to time and should maintain defensive respect. Speaking of, our bigs + PJ should wear him out on defense, as well.

Outside of that? Nobody on that team worries me the same as a PJ option or the like. Not saying it will be easy by any stretch, I just think the Wolves defensive superiority was over blown after the first couple of games against Denver, specifically game 1 where they were allowed to maul the Nuggets all game long.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote