View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 11:12 AM   #21
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Totally agree with the problems that you have with Roe, Dooby...and yes, you're closer to law school, as I did my time in the early 70's.

I had the good fortune of studying under Charles Alan Wright who was not only my prof...but my "football coach" for the UT law school intramural team (at the time that he represented Nixon, for a very short time, as Watergate was unfolding...and I can call him a good friend. I'm sure that you've heard of him...he died relatively recently and had written the hornbooks on conlaw.

Since I still do legal analysis on a consulting basis, I do keep up...and can't say that I disagree with you. Roe was a bit more bizarre than most decisions in it's use of Griswald and in Blackmun's invention. My point was simply to stress that so many opinions seem to have odd reasoning behind - with the result reached ahead of time and later justified.

And it still seemed to me to be that way after 20+ years of trial practice.

Just wondering what you thought.

Lindahl has always seemed a bit more rich to me than Hofheld, but that's for another day and time...not sure many here would be interested in that discussion !

I think the Peterson prosecution re: the unborn child is going to be VERY interesting to us lawyer types...and to the factions on both sides of the choice issue.

Strange that no one is talking about the evidence against him...you'd think something would be leaked by now. I keep looking and see nothing...but I'm sure that will come soon enough.