View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 08:01 PM   #302
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

<< Nina Simone died today in France at the age of 70...you'll find her death in the headlines.

If you've never heard her sing, you must.

Trust me.

That's what I have on tonight !
>>

Just read this thread... was devastated that Ms. Simone died. Talk about one of the greats... I know Billie Holliday is a legend-- and I like her, too-- but I'll take Nina any day. &quot;My baby just cares... for me...&quot;

And what a true maverick in all regards. As of two years ago, she was living in France with her ridiculously younger young stud of a boyfriend. Love it!

May she rest in peace. She was very sure of who she was-- very sure of her talent-- and didn't care what you thought of her. A true great who blazed trails for all ensuing women in music.

And the heartbreak and whisky in her voice... sigh... &quot;Please don't let me be... misunderstood...&quot;