View Single Post
Old 07-07-2001, 01:47 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Think I'll post in this thread since the other movie thread's getting a bit long..

I watched Kiss of the Dragon last night and was actually entertained throughout most of it. The vast majority of the movies I've seen this year have left me bored and aching (my butt has a short attention span apparently) after an hour had gone by. I really didn't expect much going into it, so that's probably why I was pleasantly surprised by the end. The story was kind of iffy, but the action scenes were incredible! I mean, it's pretty neat how many ways the characters were able to kill people! Blowing a guys upper torso off with a grenade, kicking a pool ball into a guy's forehead, stabbing a guy with chopsticks, piledriving a guy head first until his neck crack..you get the idea! Jet Li still needs to work on his English, though it's not too far off of Jackie Chan's English-speaking abilities [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I also found it amusing how 2/3 of the theater was Asian, though of course my little clan only contributed to that. The final "Kiss of the Dragon" scene was pretty slick, and I'm sure a bunch of "Can you really do that?" discussions will take place all over the Net during these next couple days. My gf liked it, my friends liked it, and almost everyone in the theater seemed to as well. I definitely recommend it! For me the only downer was seeing "the ex" (not just an ex, but THE ex!) in the lobby of the theater as we waited in line.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote