View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 09:39 PM   #451
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

And my beef with Dirk taking so many shots in game 2 was that he wasn't hitting. He was 8 of 25. He missed 17 shots.

Finley (7-12) and Nash (10-14) were combined for 17-26.

Dirk took almost as many shots as the other 2 big 3 combined. Yet, all I heard was how we needed to get Dirk more shots so he could shoot his way out of the funk. That his record would show that he'd hit soon enough.

In game 1, it wasn't a problem seeing Dirk taking 27 shots. He was unstoppable and Fin (5-12) or Nash (3-11) could buy one. In fact, most thought Dirk could have taken more shots than what he did.

However, my beef was that Dirk wasn't hitting in game 2 but he kept throwing them up. If Finley or Nash weren't hitting either, I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it.

Yet, everyone acknowledged Dirk wouldn't be able to carry the load and score 46 again and still win without some help from Finley and/or Nash picking up some of the load earlier in the game. Especially knowing that the Blazers were going to pay more attention to Dirk.

It's one thing to make sure Dirk takes the most shots, have the offense ran through him, but it's hard for Finley and Nash to step up on 12 shots per game when Dirk is taking 25 shots.

Finley, 24 shots (12spg)

Nash, 25 shots (12.5spg)

Dirk, 51 shots (25.5spg)