View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 11:44 AM   #35
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

I find alot of fault with some of the reasoning about TD vs. Dirk.

It's more difficult for TD to score than Dirk. Scoring in the post takes more effort than scoring from the perimeter the way Dirk does. TD get's banged, bodied and doubled in the post and still manages to score. If you think scoring on two players is no different than scoring on one then you don't know the game of b-ball. It's difficult to double Dirk becasue he plays on the perimeter and his height makes most doubles off guards ineffective so very often Dirk finds himself having to score on only one defender. How would Dirk like a guy ridding his back while he's trying to square up for a shot and only back off when he's about to release the shot?

TD expends TWICE as much energy as Dirk because he actually plays both ends of the court. He's responsible for the bulk of the Spurs offense because the offense runs through him and he also anchors the defense. There is no comparrison between the two players at this point.

"Defensive rebounds most of the time doesnt take much effort,thats how guards get their Rebounds,and other player who arent exactly 7 feet.
on the other heand,getting an offensive Board,takes a hole lot of energy out of ya,and you have to battle with the Defenders,trying to box you out,and jump over them,after you just ran the offense."

That comment pretty much summarizes the illogical points of this debate. You want to say that defensive rebounding doesn't take the effort/energy of offensive rebounding becasue the offensive rebounder has to use energy to battle defenders trying to box you out? LOL! I guess the defenders are expending no energy because establishing position and boxing out just happens. Sorry but at this point I can't take this arguement seriously and just goes to show why players like TD, KG, Kobe, Kidd and T-Mac are so special because they play both ends very effectively.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote