View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 12:16 PM   #9
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Getting rid of Nash is a huge mistake unless you're willing to re-tool with alot more personnel. If you're going to give up Nash you need to get a PG who's pass first, other wise the Dallas non-half court offense will fall apart.

I doubt O'Neil is going anywhere let alone being traded for a non-franchise player. O'Neil likes the position he's in, he's not going to play second fiddle to Duncan let alone Dirk.

I got labeled as a troll for making my first post a "Trade for Ben Wallace" thread, but that's the type of player the Mavs need. A rebounding and defensive machine. There are not very many players like that in the league let alone available. The Mavs don't need to re-invent their offense or defense, just need to add someone to clean it up. Wallace, Brown and Mourning fit the bill and Malone, Forston or Howard would at least address the rebounding problem. Wallace is highly unlikely at this point unless you're willing to get them a marque player to help with thier offense. You also need some defensive help with your back court and at the 3, the Mavs have adequate players now but they just don't play them.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote