Thread: Lance Armstrong
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2001, 08:15 PM   #40
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Telwkom had some bad luck too. They lost 3 of their 9 riders due to technical problems with their bikes. So thzey had to go for the last 10 km with just 6 riders, which was a clear disadvantage. My prediction was wrong anyways, but they could have matched or slightly beaten the time of USPostal. But there were some teams this year (different from last years tour) that seemed to have concentrated pretty strongly on the team time trial. These were Credit Acricol, Festina and Once. A real surprise was Kelme, they are normaly known for strong performance in the mountains. For all you Armstrong fans: there´s still no need to worry. Beloki and Moureau (the 2 strongest drivers who gained some time yesterday) won´t be strong enough overall to threaten Armstrong or Ullrich. The winner will be one of those two. Decision time is monday (most difficult mountain stage this year) and thursday (single mountain time trial).
I strongly hope Ullrich wins it this year, but if it´s Armstrong again that´s ok with me too.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote