View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 04:38 PM   #38
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

<< t's more difficult for TD to score than Dirk. Scoring in the post takes more effort than scoring from the perimeter the way Dirk does. TD get's banged, bodied and doubled in the post and still manages to score. If you think scoring on two players is no different than scoring on one then you don't know the game of b-ball. It's difficult to double Dirk becasue he plays on the perimeter and his height makes most doubles off guards ineffective so very often Dirk finds himself having to score on only one defender. How would Dirk like a guy ridding his back while he's trying to square up for a shot and only back off when he's about to release the shot? >>

what scary ass games did you saw growing up?when duncan shoots over the double,he just rises and shoots over the double,he doesnt fight them to go to the hoop,and if he did fight them,he released the ball shortly after.
yea,Dirk spands much much more energy on offense,since he actualy has to move to put some points registerd.
Dirk penetrates and is and goes for the foul,while TD is foul shooting over a player,without budging,Dirk shoots the three,TD shoots the 10 feeter,you wanna tell me whats more mentaly strained?!!

<< TD expends TWICE as much energy as Dirk because he actually plays both ends of the court. He's responsible for the bulk of the Spurs offense because the offense runs through him and he also anchors the defense. There is no comparrison between the two players at this point. >>

bullshit,i wanna see T ugly shot D guarding Guards like they make Dirk guard.
usuelly dirk does a great job on the forwards and centers,but i like i said,he cant exactly bring himself to block a shot since he's exausted running coast to coast.

<< That comment pretty much summarizes the illogical points of this debate. You want to say that defensive rebounding doesn't take the effort/energy of offensive rebounding becasue the offensive rebounder has to use energy to battle defenders trying to box you out? LOL! I guess the defenders are expending no energy because establishing position and boxing out just happens. Sorry but at this point I can't take this arguement seriously and just goes to show why players like TD, KG, Kobe, Kidd and T-Mac are so special because they play both ends very effectively. >>

hmm... yea!defensive rebounds are much easier to obtain,you wanna question that to?as one who played the game im telling you Boxing out isnt hard if you do it smart,if you know where your guy is,and it certainly aint difficult.
while the offensive board is an entirely different story,you have to miss the Box out and set yourself in a good position for the offensive board,while your sorrouned by the other team,since your team is going Back to D.
to be a good Offensive rebounder means,to actualy dedicate a significant part of your game to pounding the oposition on the offensive glass.
you cant strugle all game long to the Offensive board and than run coast to coast like Dirk likes to do,or even just try to be accurete when you shoot a long jumper.
have you ever tried to shoot a three when your Finished?when your so tired you cant feel your legs?now what did you do,you start playing post,cause it takes less accurecy and less energy of your game.

FYI,Tracy isnt that good of a defender,and he's a good example too,he shoots the three more times in a game than Dirk,most of his shots are fadeaways,so despite being 6'8,he grabs about 5.5 boards a game,something like 1!!!block per game,and like i said,isnt that good of a defender.
there are some amazing players like Payton!!!not Kidd!!Payton!!!who could do both,but they are rare to find,and Duncan certainly isnt one of them.

<< You're not paying attention. I said it's more difficult to score in the post not near the basket. There's a difference between scoring in the post and scoring near the basket. Just ask the players at Princeton and the Kings, who where running a layup drill last night on ESPN. >>

i dont get what your arguing here,its pretty much a known fact that Post game is a very high percentile game,since its hard to stop a player shooting from 10 feet.
thats why ,Eddy curry shoots 58% from the floor,while the top three pointer is Bruce Bowen(i think) and he shoots 44% for three.
thats why almost every offensive play is neither getting the ball down low for the post game,or moving the pick and throwing it in for a Midrange shot or a lay-up.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote