View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 10:24 PM   #16
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

<< i know that dirk and nellie want to say the PC thing..but no, dirk did not get his touches in the first game. the kings don't do a great job against him..

they had no answer for him when he got the ball down low..at least force them to find an answer.

if the mavs pick and roll/pop/fade is not working, the team quickly becomes a one-on-one team. More often than not, the player going one-on-one is the PG and the offense becomes horribly stagant.

Sure, some one-on-one play by the PG is fine, but too much will kill a team on the offensive side. The ball simply must go down low more often..whether it's dirk, fin, or nve..

Sacramento does not have an extremely solid interior defense by any stretch of the imagination. I think that if the Mavs would attempt to exploit it, you'd see that they have some issues down low as well
>>

Murph, while it is admirable for Dirk and Nellie to be politically correct here, when has this ever stopped you from speaking your mind? The bold quote above is not in character! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I agree with your analysis here. We must post more often, and then pass out if needed instead of shooting threes without ball movement, or instead of isolation drives. Its tough to kick out on the iso's because they stop the ball and close the passing lanes often. Fin is even getting hesitant to pass sometimes, and I don't blame him after all the giveaways last night. We need a little variety so they can't anticipate our every move. I would love to see dirk post and see some cutters coming down the lane. Is that too much to ask?

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote