View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 12:55 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Coaches need the extra year on their contracts to create the aura of consistency. Players cannot have any reason to think the coach is on the verge of being tossed out.

If Cuban planned on a coaching switch after this season, he should have removed Nelson last summer to get started on the transition period. The next coach will be different than Nelson, and will want different players.

If Cuban were only considering the possibility, he still should have extended Nelson's contract as coach to eliminate a potential headache.
>>

I've read some really DUMBASS articles in my time, but this one has to go right up near the top. If you're thinking of letting a coach go at the end of the season, then you should let him go the season before. But that means you really should have let him go the season before that. Wait a minute now you'll have to go back one more additional season and let him go. Does this logic sound ridiculous to anyone elase?

Coachs can be fired at any time in major sports. Unless you just one a championship your job isn't safe. Wait a minute Phil Jackson wasn't extended a contract offer by the Bulls after his last championship, so I take that back. This article is total BS. Cuban certainly isn't perfect, and he should bear some of the responsibility of how things have gone. Cubes biggest mistake is Nellie. And I sure as hell hope he rectifies that after this year. To bad he can't fire the dumbass author of the article.