View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 10:04 AM   #10
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Couldn't agree more with the fact that NELSON is responsible for in my opinion 70% of the fact this team has not improved. Cuban has NEVER made a move without Nelson's input and trades such as the Grant one did NOT happen because of Nelson. However Cuban has never turned down any idea Nelson has had (ie: signing of Rigs).

The problem is Nelson is his own worst enemy. The Dirk thing could be the best and worst thing that has happened to Nelson. Him "finding" Dirk and having Dirk emerge as one of the best talents in the NBA has made him look like a genius. Now when he has an idea, everyone is going to listen because Dirk worked, so why shouldn't anything else he thinks worked. His complaints about Golden State and New York was he wasn't given the chance to let the process work itself out.

Well my question to you Nellie is what happened in Milwaukee? You were given MORE than enough time there. I think in Dallas he's been given enough time also. Now it's time to step aside. If he's that great at evaluating talent, move upstairs to the GM position or a team consultant and let someone else take over the sidelines.

Cuban has done a good job in my opinion. Yeah he can be a bit much at times, he also can shoot his team in the foot at times too but all in all he's done a fabulous job. That's not to say Nellie hasn't done a good job either, but it's obvious he doesn't have what it takes to get this team over the top.