View Single Post
Old 08-01-2001, 10:21 AM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not saying he's a bad individual or that he doesn't help this mavs team...
what i'm saying is..is that teams simply do not win championships with starters at the 4 and 5 position that are as weak as the mavs....
bradley has his defensive strong points, blocking shots...but he simply doesn't have the bulk to go against some centers...
howard doesn't have the athletic ability and quickness to go against any of the top power forwards...

in the western conference, this will get the mavs beaten in the playoffs..it's simply too difficult to make it through the western conference with that many defensive holes on the inside.

that's why i'm a big proponent of bringing in a guy that can play 30 minutes a game at the 4 and 5 spots, ..primarily a defensive guy...that maybe can score a bit..like a dale davis..or somesuch
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote