View Single Post
Old 05-26-2003, 05:44 PM   #16
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

I am in favor of going ALL OUT....FULL THROTTLE so to speak....in acquiring Alonzo Mourning. I am even willing to overpay him as long as we can do a sign and trade with Miami(I'm not sure who Miami would want...not Dirk, Raef and or Bradley would work for me...lol...or who I would be willing to part with...that is debateable at this time). IF and I know it is a big if...we are able to do a sign and trade then we would still be able to use the full MLE on PJ Brown and the addition of those two would definitely help shore up the low post D and rebounding.
Popeye and either Griff or Bell will not be on the team next season....Walt Williams I believe has earned a spot if he wants to return. I would like to see us somehow dump Eschmeyer...a buyout or maybe included in a trade of some sort as filler? I would like to see Avery Johnson retire and move to the bench full time...if not here then at least get off our roster as trade bait with an expiring contract. Abdul-Wahad we are pretty much stuck with....unless some dumb GM gives us anything for him. Rigaudeau we are stuck with as well unless he can be bought out and wants to go back to Europe.
We also need to either sign or draft some athleticism with size. Someone 6'8 or taller with some jumping ability and slashing ability. Right now we have the 29th pick....if there is not a player there that we are sure will make the team then we should try to trade the pick to a team that drafts high in the 2nd so the player we choose will not have a guaranteed contract(just like Sac did with Atlanta last season in the Dickau trade)even if we have to offer a 2nd next year to do so.
Some guys I would like to see Dallas draft are:
Josh Powell of NC ST
Brian Cook of Illinois
Uche Nsonwu-Amadi of Wyoming
or Josh Howard of Wake Forest

Our possible roster would look like this:
PG Nash and Van Exel(we should add a big young PG or a cheap vet...Antonio Daniels?)
SG Finley,Bell and Abdul-Wahad
SF Dirk,Walt Williams,Rigadeau and Josh Howard or Brian Cook?
PF PJ Brown and Najera(should add another big...prerably a PF-C type)
C Alonzo and Bradley
We lose Raef,Popeye,AJ,Esch,and Griff...we add PJ,Alonzo,Josh Howard or Cook, Antonio Daniels or another big PG, and another big body.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote