View Single Post
Old 05-26-2003, 06:45 PM   #22
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Murph and MFFL make great points about our current backcourt (Nash, Nick, Fin). You just can't keep those three guys together when none of them is above average defensively. I think we keep Fin for a multitude of reasons over Nick, but from a sheerly pragmatic point of view, you trade players when their value is the highest, and Nick's value has never been higher as a Mav. Three months ago, the Pacers wouldn't have considered taking Nick for Artest. Now, they will, because they need a point guard badly. Also, Artest and O'Neal aren't best of buddies, and Indy wants to keep Jermaine happy.

Can't agree that Artest would be a cancer. He's not going to change the core guys and how they behave.

I'd love to deal Raef, but you're gonna have real trouble doing it with his salary. The Brand/Miller for NVE/LaFrentz proposal is laughable. It would take more than NVE and LaFrentz to get Brand, I imagine.