View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 08:46 PM   #92
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<<

<< PF:
1. PJ Brown
>>

- If Malone won't come here, do it.

<< 2. Karl Malone >>

- Really the guy the Mavs must get.

<< 3. Coleman >>

- No thanks.
>>

Wow. I rarely strongly disagree with KG, but I completely disagree this time. I think Malone is a lousy idea--Malone has lasted longer than most but he is still a Mutombo-Ewing-Olajuwon just waiting to happen. And he has extended his durability by becoming more and more of a jump shooter over the recent years--and the whole point of a thread like this is that we don't really need another jumpshooter. We need a rebounder--and at this point in their careers, Brown is not only a better rebounder than Malone but he is a guy who is willing to be 4th or 5th option on offense while going out and getting those rebounds and playing defense--which is what the Mavs need.

<<

<< C:
1. Mourning
>>

- Depends on what it takes to get him.

<< 2. Jamal Magloire >>

- This guy's probably out of reach.

<< 3. Elden Campbell >>

- Surely Sonics keep him.
>>

Not so sure Magliore is out of reach. A lot of top tier guys out there this off-season and not that many teams with cap space (and one of those is the Clippers). Some good players are going to have to live with the MLE. (I'd agree that Campbell isn't going to be available though).
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote