View Single Post
Old 08-14-2001, 10:33 AM   #27
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well it's like Emmitt Smith said once, "It doesn't matter that you've been there before, it's still feels like the first time each and every time."

It's like you said, they're having fun, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Now I have a problem with taunting, however it should not be interpreted that a batter is trying or showing a pitcher up each and everytime he celebrates after hitting a homerun. None of these batters say anything or do anything to these pitchers after they hit a blast. I just disagree with that entire logic. Now it can piss a pitcher off, but it would piss me off as a batter if a pitcher struck me out and started celebrating afterwards. However there's only one way to get back at them, if you're a pitcher, strike his ass out next time you face him. That's what makes the game interesting in my eyes. As a pitcher, I think it's BULLSHIT, when they hit the batter (aka: Roger Clemons and Piazza). Just rear back and strike their ass out, be a man about it. It's a game, and it's for the fans, but at the same time, it's a game and it's suppose to be fun. You're suppose to be excited when you hit a homerun, I don't give a damn if you hit 100 of them a season, it's still an amazing feet to hit a ball 400 feet that coming at you 90 mph. I would stand there and admire the shit too, or jump around or be excited, I don't care what the other person would think about it.

Also, something that was said earlier about if Sosa was in the American League he would get one square on the chin. Well the pitchers in the American league are MUCH more brave, you know why because they don't have to get up to bat and face the music themselves. Look at Clemens, he hit Piazza in the head, then threw a bat at the man, then what happens everytime they go to Shea? Torre takes him out of the rotation? If he's man enough to throw at Piazza put his ass in there and face the music himself. THAT'S why the National League pitchers won't do it as much, because they know it hurts to be hit by a pitch and they don't want to be hit by one! That's why the American League is a joke IMO.

Sorry to be on my soapbox, just wanted to vent a little. Also, BB, I agree with you about Ben Davis breaking up Schillings no-hitter. That's bull, if someone had of threw him out, no one would have said anything about it, but because he couldn't get the no hitter it was a problem.