View Single Post
Old 08-14-2001, 10:52 AM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

probably a good way to stop sosa's shit would be to drill the next batter a couple of times...that will get his antics stopped really quickly...or even better, drill the cubs pitcher when he comes up.

no, i'm not a big supporter of the unwritten rules..but i am a big supporter in throwing at batters that show up pitchers...even if it's not intentional, sosa's actions are unacceptable...

and i agree..ben davis, what he did...that was intelligent baseball..he's trying to win a ball-game and trying to get on base....

this is what sports is missing today..people have no reprecussions for their actions...
everytime a player celebrates a touchdown and shows up the other team..a player from the other team should be there to knock his head off...
in baseball, a player celebrates a homerun with sosa-like antics.. drill him or the next player in the ribs.
a basketball player jumps up and down and acts like he's the shit after a dunk..give him a elbow to the teeth..

their's nothing wrong with being enthused..but when it crosses over to showing up the other team, there's two acceptable ways to deal with it..

1)bodily harm
2)strike them out, score a touchdown, or slam it in their face..

both options are exceptable if it gets the bull shit taunting out of the game.
actually, i have no problem with the taunting, as long as the other team retaliates..then it's acceptable
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote