View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 01:23 PM   #18
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: New prediction from NBA draftnet

A medicore big man does nothing for me. Look at our roster for next year: We've go the following big men under contract: Dirk, Raef, Bradley, Esch, Najera. Throw in a free agent and that's six pretty decent veteran big men under contract - five of whom can play power forward. Now, I'm not against drafting a power forward or a center. But that big man better have one hell of an upside because he's not going to be playing anytime soon. If Beasly is a one trick pony. He can only play power forward. If he wants playing time, he'd have to get it after five other Mavericks get thiers. Is he worth partioning off development minutes during garbage time? I don't think so. Beasly's potential is to someday be a nice backup. We are already a team filled with nice backups. On this team, Beasly would just be the worst of the nice backups. The only way I think it makes sense to draft a big guy is either to trade up into the lottery or pick a big project. Badaine and Vranes make more sense for this club at the #29 than someone like Beasly or West. If it comes down to it, I'd rather draft a point guard or a swingman. Talent from those position always falls and it looks like this year is no exception. Consider that we only have four guards and swingmen under contract and it's obvious that there is much more room for instant contribution there as well.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote