Thread: Kidd to Dallas?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 10:50 AM   #10
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default Kidd to Dallas?

Put me down for against...maybe.

The way Kidd played in the Finals was embarrassing. I'm not so sure if I want a guy on my team who can't hit 40% of his shots. I'd find it incredibly hard to see Nellie trying to put up with those numbers.

Another thing, NJ is incredibly athletic. Kidd gets so much out of them, but it starts with what they are. They have a bunch of slashing athletes. We have a bunch of jump shooters. Kidd would not have near as much of an impact here as he has had in NJ. We just don't have the personnel, IMO, to complement him.

If we're going to trade one of the PG's, I'd rather trade small for big and pick up a big guy. You might could entise a Brand for Nash swap, and I'd be a lot more pleased with the outlook of the next season...

Of course, we could pull off the trade and go on to win 3 rings in a row, but I doubt it.