View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 11:24 PM   #25
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Grade our draft !!

After Perkins and Ebi went above them, I was glad they went with Howard over Biadiene, Pichucia(sp), or the Greek kid since I trust our scouts to know if the foriegn players are all that. It would have been nice to seem them trade up in the second to pick one of these project big men, but with the moves that will be made in FA, I don't think they have a lot of room up front.

Howard replaces one of the glue guys and since he was ACC player of the year, he might have a little bit more to him. The other great thing is that the Spurs chose to clear cap rather than take a pick this year. I think if Perkins had been there at 28, they would have taken him, but luckily Ainge saved us there.

Sorry for the rant, but I give it a B+ for getting a guy that can help now. Ebi or Perkins would have pushed it to an A for me on potential. Any pick from the rest of them would have been a C because the potential was much less certain. If they picked a player that was stashed overseas then a D. I don't think you can get an F unless you go out of your mind and pick a guy at 20 who should have gone at 35.

Listening to Cubans press conference, I hope Hollis Price comes in and I really hope Powell gets on our summer league, but he would be better off going to a different team. Chris Marcus would be nice, but there are better fits for him I think, but Cuban might make it worth his while.

Stressboy
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote