View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 11:58 PM   #27
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Grade our draft !!

I'm just disappointed that we made no attempts to address our most glaring weakness. Howard could very well turn in to a good rotational player, but he does nothing to slow down Timmy D, CWebb, KG, and the likes...

I would give this drat an A had we grabbed an additional second round pick and took a guy like Beasley or Lang. I think that would signify SOME interest in developing some youth post presence. However, we upgraded a position (SG - unless we're to believe that a guy who was measured at 6'5" can guard Peja & Marion types and play SF) that we were already good at.

For the intelligence of the pick, I'd give it a C.
For the player, I'll give it an A.
If we were a seviceable SG short of a championship, I'd give it an A+.

It just turns out that we're a serviceable BIG MAN short of the championship, so for that I'll HAVE to give this draft a C.