Thread: Wimbledon- Mens
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 02:58 PM   #22
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold
Default Wimbledon- Mens

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Agassi is done. Mark Philippoussis has knocked him out of Wimbledon. Bummer.
You mean only in this tournament right.

Otherwise I do not see this as nothing but an upset. Pat Cash upset Lendl but Pat Cash struggled to get out of first round in any other tournament after that. Doesn't mean Pat cash was better than Lendl.
Actually Agassi is declining allready. Mens tennis is watered down right now compared to where it was in the 90´s. Agassi has done a great job of staying fit and that enabled him to stay on the tour for a couple more years (and even dominate for good stretches). But with the kind of game he plays (attacking the balls early on the baseline which enables him to develope a lot of pressure) he needs good reflexes, mindspeed and quick footwork. I think at his age all of those are going to slip. The strokes are still there but he´s not as quick anymore. Maybe he´s got another grand slam tourney victory left in him, but I doubt that. If anything he can win the US Open this year. I think it´s his last shot.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote