View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 10:54 PM   #19
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough
Default Houston's New Logo

First off Wassssssssuuuuuuuppppppppppppp to all of you guys. I'm new here as you can tell

With that out of the way, I do know that there new threads will be dark red (color called Pantone, used by Tampa Bay Bucs), Platinum and Black. World reknown fashion designer Eiko Ishioka came up with the logo and Uniforms. She is well known for her dark and mysterious designs. She has won numerous Oscar's in the past for work she did on "the Cell" with J-Lo and Bram Stoker's Dracula. I guess this explains the Rockets new logo's demonic and almost-satanic look.

There wont be any giant letter "R" logo on the chest as rumored in the past. From what I've heard from officials with NBA Properties (who runs the show when it comes to uni's designs) the uni's will be a clash between the Warriors and the Denver Broncos threads. But it wont be too buzy like the Pajama's they used to have. Its is said to be a very sleek and simple design. What caused a delay in the uniforms process was the fact that Eiko came up with six sketches for the uni's and the gang at NBA Properties all had a hard time choosing which one to go with because they were as one official called it...."way cool." In fact, the five sketches done by Eiko for the Rockets that were NOT picked, were kept for possible use by other teams getting new uniforms in the future. I got all this info from Sportsbussinessnews.com and numerous other insider sites with a proven track record. And yes I pay the subscription fee to get insider info.

BTW, Although I despise and hate the Rockets with a passion for stealing my beloved Knicks title in 94', I have to hand it to them this time, That logo is flat out awesome. Probably the best in the league.