View Single Post
Old 11-02-2001, 06:27 PM   #22
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I'm just looking for a place to vent. It may not fit here, but it's hardly worth a new thread:
Yesterday, my boss told me had an assignment and it was a "test" for me. He said I couldn't ask questions - just had to use my own resources. He wants to entertain two business associates at the Chargers/Cheifs game this Sunday. I don't know a thing about how a sports event is set up for entertaining business prospects, etc., but I can be pretty resourceful. Anyway, I called the Chargers Corporate Offices and some guy who thought he was WAY TOO IMPORTANT to be answering phones took my call, and he was the biggest jerk! He literally did his best to humilate me for not knowing exactly what to do to set this thing up. I was so shocked I didn't even bust his sorry act! I did get what I needed from someone else, and she excused his behavior by saying that I should have explained who I was with before making my request. She said that because the Chargers are winning, had 3 home games in a row, etc., lots of people are calling, and they really need to have some way of knowing that I am worth their time and attention. It sure leaves an impression of arrogance.