View Single Post
Old 07-17-2003, 01:53 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs vs Warriors

The Mavs beat Golden State today. (16th) Still no recap or boxscore up but I found this over on the Warriors board. Some confusion in the first post. When he talks about Daniels drafted by Portland and Powell by NJ, I think he's referring to nbadraft.net's mock draft. I'm guessing he's talking about Howard and not Powell that was flying all over.

Warriors lost by about 30. Dunleavy threw some beautiful passes, shot very well from deep, but turned it over alot. Jiri confirmed my thoughts from last night. He needs to catch and shoot or keep moving without the ball. With the ball he is a liability. Pietrus actually has a very sweet shot. Very soft and effortless. I am thinking it is his footwork that gets him off balance and erratic. Revounded very well. He was actually beaten to the hoop by a guy I've never heard of but who was the best player I saw all summer. (Him and Radmanovich, sorry about the spelling) I looked him up on NBADRAFT.net and I hope someone out there can tell me more about him and how he ended up on Dallas's summer team. Marquis Daniels from Auburn. Wow! Smart, Strong, quick. He was drafted 54th by Portland. If anyone knows anything about this guy could you post it. Wow!!!! They also had Josh Powell from North Carolina State taken by New Jersey 51st. Skinny, but a flyer and a good shooter. The Daniels kid was playing playing 1 (and eating up Zimm) 2 (driving past MP) and 3 (too quick for Dunleavy and Jiri) I generally don't like to 2nd guess things (generally it makes you look like an idiot) but what made these guys, especially Daniels last till the end of the round? Both are much better than Zimm. Does anyone know why they are playing for Dallas?
I'll still thinking thru my recap for the summer. I'll do that later. Mussleman was pissed today. Dallas was OK but not that good a team.. They still killed us with our 3rd, 11th, and 16th draft picks. They had no first rounders playing.

Continued later

I have to tell you about one play Daniels made. I still can't get over it. He drove baseline from the right wing and ran into Long at the basket. Before he hit him he turned his right shoulder into him. He was facing away from the basket. As he hit Long he got seperation and continued making a 360 move and shot a little right handed lay in. Amazing!! To clarify. Both Josh Howard, drafted 29th by Dallas and Josh Powell, undrafted from NC State Southern were on the Dalls Roster . One of them scored around 25 points today and was flying around the place. (Daniels had around 25 as well) I hope it was not Powell because I will be wondering why the Warriors have shown no interest.
Dallas seems to have good scouting. Does anyone know why? Is it just the owner spending money?