View Single Post
Old 07-17-2003, 09:12 AM   #10
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default Mavs vs Warriors

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
So you know, yesterday, the 76ers signed Amal McCaskill off the Knicks summer team. So, it is possible that someone could snatch up either Powell or Daniels today if they wanted to.

That's what scares the living bejesus out of me. Teams have got to know about this kid with all the pub he seems to be getting.

What if the LA Clippers, who seem to be willing to lose Miller, and who needs a pg, calls up Daniels and offer him a contract and promise him playing time and in a perfect world a shot at a starting position.
What keeps him from taking that offer? What, Cuban is just going to go by Daniels word that he will give Dallas first chance to sign him. He should have learned his lesson with Mourning and his agent that word doesn't mean squat when it comes to gaurenteed money. I think Marks ego blinds him from the fact that there are other teams in this league who are also trying to improve other than his Mavs and needs to sew up a few loose ends in signing Daniels and Bell. Then wait on Powell to see if he shows enough in camp to warrant a contract.

I'm of the opinion now, that I really dont care what fa's we sign because the ones that would have made an impact on this team are long gone. So we atleast have to keep the players that they convinced to come play on the summer squad.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote