Thread: Thanks Mr. Bush
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2003, 08:36 PM   #38
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks Mr. Bush

If the English and French had shown a little more courage when Hitler sent his half-trained levies into the Rhineland in 1936, and had responded to that criminal aggression with force rather than with easier inaction,- they might well have driven the growing Nazi menace into abeyance and possible collapse- A collapse that quite probably would have forestalled much or all of the carnage that was destined to rend Europe and much of Asia over the course of the oncoming Second World War...

Of course most sensitive, intelligent folk of 1936 probably would have found it an unthinkable and preposterous argument that any Anglo-French Rhineland intervention could have saved millions of Jewish lives, or spared the world from the oncoming charnal-house effects of the bloodiest war in human history...

A lot of similarly sensitive, intelligent folk of today, may think that the US and our brave allies have accomplished nothing in Iraq, or that the small-scale bushwhacking of criminal thugs in Iraq is creating some kind of ill-fated "quagmire" or "new Vietnam", but I say that such quibblers are dead wrong.

I believe that the American nation accomplished a great good in crushing the lurking, lusting, bloated Baathist snake before it was fully ready to strike. Leftist, foreign-policy softies may find may find the following proposition preposterous, but at least for now, I believe that your "war that never should have happened" may very well saved thousands or millions of Americans from other nastier things that should never happen... Things like twin towers collapsing, or smallpox epidemics, or a freighter-born, Iraqi nuclear device immolating New York Harbor...

Just as it would have been impossible for a contemporary observer to predict that Western intervention in the Rhineland of 1936 could have prevented a mechanized holocaust far too inhuman for him to believe humanly possible, today it is impossible to precisely predict what kind of future horrors we may have still-born by crushing Saddam's power base and sending the vainglorious madman scurrying to his hiding place...

What sinister ends would 5, 10, 15 more years of Saddam controlling Iraq's economic resources have reaped for his blood-enemies the Americans? I can't answer that question, but I am certainly glad that now we will probably never know the answer...

You and other sensitive folks can bury your collective heads in the sand, and blindly, loudly deny the dangers that criminal regime's like Hussein's pose and posed... but I for one am convinced that by ending the criminal adventures of the Saddam torture-gang, our brave servicemen's sacrifices have made the world a safer place for us and for our children...