View Single Post
Old 07-21-2003, 03:16 PM   #55
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough
Default Vail Daily reports that Kobe WILL be charged

Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang
[qhmmmmmmmm.....JUICEY!

Newsweek is reporting that the 19 year old accuser in the Bryant case is well known to the Nuggest players. A few players, is that 2 or 12, stated that she's a b-ball groopie. I'd heard that rumor before but I couldn't find it anywhere, I'm having a hard time getting on the Newsweek site. Is the NBA boys club sticking up for one of it's own or is there something behind this?

Wonder when some mud slinging will head Kobe's way? Kobe's ex-girlfriend who got dissed in favor of Brandy for the prom might be a good source of dirt.
In Colorado, the alleged victim's previous sexual history and proclivities are not admissable. So frankly, it just doesn't matter-- in court. In the court of public opinion, however, she's going to be smeared by Kobe's high-powered legal team. That's part of the reason I find it unlikely-- though certainly not impossible-- that a woman would fabricate such a charge. When you make a claim like the one she's making against Kobe, you know your entire mental and sexual history are going to be under the proverbial magnifying glass. And some (much?) of it will be untrue. I just have a hard time believing that most women would voluntarily elect to be subjected to such treatment for the whole world to watch... and make judgment.[/quote]

I agree, that's the biggest doubt in my mind. Of course emotions could cloud everything. What bothers me is the Sheriff and DA know, unless they are total numbskulls, what would be in store for them. The past would be drug up so I would think they did quite a bit of DD to determine if her credibility would hold up.

In a Dallas realted TWIST:

Sports 1150/690 in L.A. reported a few tidbits. I believe most of it came from the Newsweek interviews that were part of the article. Apparently NVE was mentioned by name as being one of the Nuggests players who talked about this woman being an NBA groopie and some of her other exploits. It was also reported that Kobe and this woman may have had some type of relationship over a period of months, that would explain alot in regards to the timeframe of the alleged assault.

So while rape-gate may not see the inside of the court room, you can bet that apporximately half of Kobe's money and property will.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote