View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 01:12 PM   #16
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default Welcome home Jessica Lynch.

Quote:
[i]
She didn't do anything except get wounded? try tortured and raped. Yet you minimalize it. unbelievable. I can't believe I read that. Seriously. But there it is. What an asshole.

There is no evidence that Jessica Lynch was "tortured" and even moreso there is no evidence, even circumstantial, that she was raped. She did not suffer any gun shot or stab wounds nor did she go down firing rounds from her last clip at approaching Iraqis like some war movie starring Bruce Willis produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. She's a white, blonde haired blue eyed American female solider who's van went the wrong direction and she ended up in a vicious accident. Afterwhich she was taken to an Iraqi medical facility where she was treated as a patient, not as a POW and cared for by the Hospital staff to the best of their limited ability. After that, a fake rescue mission, blank rounds and al, was staged against the hospital. The actors went in unconfronted and facing zero resistance and "liberated" Ms. Lynch from her "Captors" Her injuries were no joke and she probably had to endure some harsh things being in a foreign country and all but I don't think this is neccessarily deserving of a Purple Heart. If I was a former purple heart recipient who really did do some Rambo type ish, I'd be a little bit offended. Chalk one up to the Pentagon, their street team and the Hollywood sensationalism of the "Left Wing" media.

Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote