View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 09:01 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default $400.00 per child Tax-relief Checks are in the Mail- Bush screws the working poor!!!!

It has been shown that liberals have used data and numbers which include non-tax-paying families such as illegal aliens and naturalized citizen familes which fail to pay taxes at all in the figures that reeds is incorrectly spewing out as fact. Both the democrats and republicans fortunately agree on this point. Only the unscrupulous and agenda-forcing wannabes are still using these figures.

There was a great discussion on this topic exactly over the last week and a half or so on both the Neil Boortz talk radio show and by Sean Hannady. The thing I liked best was a proposal by a democratic senator (I apologize for forgetting his name) about abolishing taxes altogether and making teh tax system run off sales taxes etc. That way, all persons are equally taxed on goods and services purchased. There are a significant number of people who make incomes in taxable brackets who do not pay income taxes (for many reasons i.e. illegal aliens, non-reported incomes, etc) but yet still realize the benefits of living in this country. Many of them use emergency room hospitals for instance because they don't want to pay and use the laws disallowing hospitals to turn away free loaders to their selfish advantage. Who pays? I do. You do if you pay taxes. It's BS. So, when Bush gives me a tax credit for being a faithful and honest payer of taxes, I don't bitch and whine and use fabricated data to further an agenda. I say thank you, take my rebate and use it to the benefit of my family.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote