View Single Post
Old 07-27-2003, 10:05 AM   #10
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default $400.00 per child Tax-relief Checks are in the Mail- Bush screws the working poor!!!!

The excuse that people use to say that a sales tax is not regressive is that necessity items are not taxed. This is true to some extent, but I don't like it because it gets into the territory of some central authority is deciding what's necessity and what's not. I'd just rather keep on not taxing food, and tax everything else equally. I don't even agree with the idea of luxury taxing cigarettes and booze.

I think there will never be a perfectly fair way to tax a quarter billion people, but I've always been a fan of a sorta flat tax. Not completely flat across the board, but simplified and close. There are so many deductions and credits and loopholes out there.. it's so complicated.. and why? If people deserve to be taxed less, then cut their tax rate, and make it simple.

It's a simple game that politicians play. The game of entitlement. Let's keep taxes higher, and every 2/4/6 years, when I'm out campaigning for reelection, I can push almost-negligible credits, deductions, and exemptions that match the voting blocks I want to sway.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote