View Single Post
Old 07-28-2003, 12:54 PM   #37
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default $400.00 per child Tax-relief Checks are in the Mail- Bush screws the working poor!!!!

Quote:
But it hasn't happened and these people prefer to take the risk, because many of them -and their families- are starving.
yep. It's a risk that is a rock and a hard place (do you still have the cliche thread somewhere? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]). And I feel for anyone stuck in it. But if that's the risk they choose to take (risk their lives to not have to wade through citizenship issues), then that's the risk they are willing to take.

Quote:
. . .you hire them, pay them low and save money. But these people still earn way more than here.
nope. I can't afford to hire them. I just get stuck paying for the infrastructure they use to get the work, and the rich guy uses to provide the work. The workers get to make more money because they don't have to pay for those roads they use, the sewage, the medical bills, the police protection, whatever.

Quote:
The bill is payed by the unemployed Americans who could make the same work (wich by the way, aren't many who want).
The medical bill (just like any other bill that might go unpaid) is paid by all those people who end up paying higher prices when they don't skip out on their own bill, whether that bill is paid through insurance or taxes.

And those people who end up paying more than their share for the roads, the sewers, the immigration control, the medical procedures, the police, etcetera etcetera, deserve to get a little back whenever they can.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote