View Single Post
Old 07-28-2003, 01:47 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default 7/28 ESPN Insider - the last FA's available (Anyone want TY Hill and Oggy?)

On this list, I really like Derrick Coleman, Jon Barry, and Jim Jackson. It appears Coleman could be had if a part of the MLE were offered, and the guy did, after all, put up pretty decent numbers last year. Jon Barry is a guy who can play 1 and 2 and can really shoot, as well as defend pretty well. Why wouldn't they look at him? He'd be an upgrade over Bell. And Jim Jackson? Why wouldn't they look at Jim Jackson? He'll come cheap, and could start at SF next year for this team.

I also have interest in Stephen Jackson, Ognjen Askrabic, Jumaine Jones, and Tyrone Hill. Jackson probably wants more money than he's worth, so that might not be viable. Jumaine Jones seems like he should be available, although I heard a rumor the other day that he was going elsewhere (can't remember where). Askrabic -- why don't we already have this guy signed? As high as they were on him last year, it's unfathomable to me why he's not a Maverick. Or are they now backtracking on their opinion of him like they're backtracking on everything else? Hill's no stud, but he can still board and could give us some serviceable backup 4/5 minutes.