View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 03:12 PM   #73
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default $400.00 per child Tax-relief Checks are in the Mail- Bush screws the working poor!!!!

For the love of ... @&^@$

I shouldn't feel the need to defend myself on this.. But I really feel I've been unjustly attacked here. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GAYS. AT ALL! I have friends who are gay. I have family members who are gay. It really doesn't bother me. I'm not gay. I don't really understand why some people become gay. Sometimes I joke about them...but sometimes they joke about straight people. I've spent my whole life around gays and never in my life been accused of being a homophobe before today... and I don't think my one statement about Reeds being pinned up against a trash can is enough to comdemn me.

Sturm, as you know, I am a pretty conservative guy in general, but you'd probably be suprised that I do actually NOT agree with the far right on this issue. I am not opposed to gay marriage. And while I don't think gays should be given the same protection as other REAL minorities, they shouldn't be treated any differently than any other person. They SHOULD be given the freedom to practice any sexual act they please, just as straight people should. And as long as we are forced to have anti-discrimination legislation - gays SHOULD be protected as well. Homosexuals have the right, as does everyone else in this society, to be treated fairly...and the US government has the responsibilty to protect their right to be treated fairly. The truth is Surm, that if you took the time to notice, you just might find that my political views on this matter don't stray too far from your own. You have stated that you think I'm dispicable and out of line, but I think you are REALLY out of line. You are making a strong accusation, a hurtful one, and a false one. It is one thing to jokingly call someone a gay ghetto whore. It is another thing alltogether to label someone a racist or a homophobe.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote