View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 10:18 PM   #84
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default $400.00 per child Tax-relief Checks are in the Mail- Bush screws the working poor!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
veruca- with all due respect, gay and f*ck are hardly equitable. I've said a million times, a well placed damn or hell is hardly offensive to me, but the use of the f-bomb is very much so. In addition, there are numerous young postser here who shouldn't have to see that crap, not to mention ANY poster.
I've noticed, however, that some posters find it objectionable to use the word "God" in conjunction with any profanity or vulgarity. While I myself don't give a good gosh-darned about such language, and while I know that my use of such language doesn't mean I'm an aetheist, I have made a conscious effort not to use that specific term, out of respect for people who might be offended.

While I can understand that use of terms like "fag" or "homo" doesn't necessarily make the user a "homophobe" or a "gay-basher", I can likewise appreciate another person's discomfort with the notion that a despective term associated with sexual identity be used as an insult, and that impressionable young posters might be led to think that ít's okay to use those terms as insults--as if they were legitimate notions with which to insult someone, or notions of which to be ashamed.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote