View Single Post
Old 08-15-2003, 10:29 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default The Trade Fallout --- The Aftermath

By now we're already pretty familiar with who is coming and who is going in the blockbuster trade between the Warriors and the Mavs. You've got to figure that Cuban has some naked pictures of the Gary St. Jean in order to pillage GS like he did. You also have to figure that the Warriors motivation is to dump salary for the future.

Chris Mills is a certifiable goner for the most part if any team is needing to clear salary. I could even see Dallas trading him to a team and pulling a Kings type of situation just to clear his salary. With one year left on his contract, he makes the most sense to not even see the season in a Mavs uni.

Jamison is the centerpiece of this deal. While his defense is certifiably attrocious at times, I think he will be a good fit by allowing Dirk to play SF on offense and PF on defense. His salary makes you pause, but if he doesn't work out this year, I can still see him being sent to the basketball wasteland such as Utah when they come to the realization that no one wants to play there.

Danny Fortson gives you a little something different than what Najera would give. I'm not sure if he's a good fit for the Mavs system, and along with Mills I see him being traded before the season even starts.

I think the real sleeper here is Jiri Welsch. Signed for 3 more years at a very low salary, he gives us the big combo guard that we were seeking and had in mind when we signed Marquis Daniels. Combined with Daniels, the two give us very solid and young PG prospects for the future who can occasionally play some SG.

By packaging Fortson and Mills together --- it definately gives us some interesting options should we choose to persue them. Would New Jersey pull the trigger on a Walt Williams, Forston, and Chris Mills trade for Dikembe? Granted Dikembe is an old has been now, but with only two years on his contract and only really needing to be play in the post season, would Thorn be willing to deal him so he can clear salary for Kenyon Martin?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote