View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 07:42 PM   #18
aidzhsiah

aidzhsiah is on a distinguished road
Default A view from a oakland paper

I actually live in San Francisco. I'm a Warriors fan apart from being a Mavs fan and I totally think that the Mavs got away with murder on this one. I'm overjoyed that the Mavs got a kick ass forward scorer/rebounder. But at the same time, I'm now stuck attending NBA games where I have to watch Nick score, JRich miss shots and Dunleavy to look lost. I have to live with Troy Murphy being a scoring threat.

Jamison is NOT a superstar. He's an awesome player. He can't carry a team but he CAN and WILL contribute heavily. Why should it matter if Jamison can take over ? That role, by all accounts, belongs to Dirk first, Nash second and maybe even Fin 3rd. Just having a 4th player that can score 20 a game relieves the NEED to be clutch. Hell, by having Jamison, the Mavs finally have a fourth threat in scoring and a 2nd great rebounder WITHOUT harming the integrity of the lineup by playing ridiculously undersized.

Anyone in the SF Bay who can wholeheartedly justify this trade is strongly in denial.

aidzhsiah is offline   Reply With Quote