View Single Post
Old 12-01-2001, 01:20 AM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

SBC DSL sucks donkeyballs! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I'm not even getting the minimum guaranteed xfer rates right now! When I first signed up with them (cable modem is unavailable in my area), I was getting 550-600kpbs, which was already a huge dropoff from the 900k-1.2mbps speed I was getting in my old place with ATT cable. But after two weeks of service, SBC freakin locked my speed at a pathetic 260kpbs or some crap like that! 384 is the guaranteed minimum so I complained about it (it was working fine at 600kpbs so I saw no reason for them to lock my speed down) but they claimed my line wasn't stable enough to handle the higher speeds. BULLSHIT! It worked perfectly the initial two weeks, and I have three computers in my house networked wirelessly sharing the connection - all working perfectly. So they upped my speed and locked it at the 384kpbs minimum. I didn't feel like talking to them anymore so I figured that would be adequate. But a few days later, they dropped me down to the shitty 260kpbs range again! Gawd they suck! I totally don't feel like calling them either. Sometimes pages take a loonng time to load on this connection..not as bad as a 56k modem but not that much better. So the moral of the story? SBC DSL SUCKS!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote