View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 12:28 AM   #38
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough
Default Quincy Carter is the Starter

Quote:
Its all a bit of misleading since he played 2 quarters the Texans game and 1 in the Steelers game. Two pretty good defenses.
I just had to point this out. True QCar played good against two pretty good defenses.

But........in both games, not all of the defense was on the field. Houston's secondary pro-bowl tandem (I cant believe I just said that for a freakin expansion team) of Aaron Glenn and Marcus Coleman didnt play along with some hard hitting no-namer Mat Stevens who seems to remind alot of people of Chuck Cecil who used to play for the Pack back in the 90's. That was there basic solid secondary and half of there defense that wasent on the field. It was replaced by a bunch of expansion-like bubble players trying to make the cut like Jason Bell, who got burned repeatedly by Cowboy recievers and who.......coincidently didnt make the cut for the Cowboys last year. And for the Steelers game as usual, all of the starters didnt play much either. It again was a showing by a bunch of bubble players trying to make the cut. To make matters worse, it didnt seem like many ofthe Steelers cared much about the game, as they sort of breezed throught the motions. And as for the Arizona game, it was the first game of the preseason, no explaination should be needed.

True, at this time, QCarr is the better QB. But I dont think he has QUITE EARNED the job YET. I think a little more time was needed then just TWO preseason games against "border-line roster" talents. I think both QCar and CHutch and the rest of the QB supporting cast should have had the remaining two preseason games to audition and try to LEGITMATELY earn the starter's role. Four or five games would have given all competitors more then enough time to prove without the shadow of a doubt, who should really be the starter. I think Tuna just named QCar starter just to end the whole "starter sideshow" in an effort to get to business at hand.

Hopefully, his rush to judgement wont comeback to haunt this team in the future.